Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Old Style MMO in Browser

titansoftimetitansoftime Member UncommonPosts: 13
My cousin and I made a 3D browser mmo using three.js (webgl). It's called Titans of Time! Please let me know what you think! We have been working on it for a long time and it has come a long way. Lot's of real life got in the way but it's now at a point where I'm pretty happy with it (still a lot of work to do though)!

Features:

• Full 3D browser game engine custom built with three.js
  • Realtime multiplayer and pvp!
  • Hundreds of quests, items, and npc's.
  • Frequent updates (although not frequently logged, my bad... Will work on that).
  • Passage of time (day to night etc.)
  • Works on PC, mobile and even Oculus (Meta) Quest 2!

Please check it out! I don't know what else to say, I am bad at marketing.

https://titansoftime.com

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 19,918
    Well you are pretty much on my minimum graphics requirements for a game, which is not bad for two guys!

So it is F2P, what do you intend to do with it; keep it as a hobby, try to make some money out of it?
    Andemnon
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,056
    Interesting... way to go, man! I'm with @Scot in that I'd like to hear how (or if?) you plan to monetize...

Transparency in this sort of thing can be a great way to market, as well.
    ScotAndemnon

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 4,848
    Sounds like a ***ton of work.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,344
    how to play this on a Quest 2?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,329
    What kind of game is this, Skills or Classes? 
    What is the Power Gaps situation? As a simple started, how much percentage of HP increase is there as you build up your character? 
    Pet peeve, do you have to have such hugeness in your MOBs? That feels so unrealistic to me, but it's so common in games. 
    Characters look good IMO, for what you show. 

Sandboxy world interactions? How much of this? 

Overall concept of where you're going with the game? 
    Andemnon

Once upon a time....

• WordsworthWordsworth Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Grats on your release!
    Can't wait to give it a try later!
  • GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    edited November 2022
    Says released in 2016 with a trailer in 2013! So great job still pursuing this! 

~Greatness~

MMORPG Blog
    Currently Playing:
    Nothing

Edit:
    A brief look at your postings, and nearby posts under other names, looks like you are advertising, using a number of accounts. 
    I'm not sure that there's anything wrong with that under the circumstances, except for changing my posts in your quotes. 
    I believe this is an adbot and have reported it as such.
    edited December 2022
    Scot said:
    Edit:
    A brief look at your postings, and nearby posts under other names, looks like you are advertising, using a number of accounts. 
    I'm not sure that there's anything wrong with that under the circumstances, except for changing my posts in your quotes. 
    I saw some reply posts from other names near these name's posts, all with the very low post count, and all doing the same thing. So I don't think it's a Bot. And the guy seems to know an awful lot about making games too, or at least where to get systems that are useful in making games. So I think this is someone in the industry. 

I don't see enough with my simple search that I think would cause a permanent ban, except maybe the use of alternate accounts (if that's against the rules). 
    The Mods can take care of this. I did report that this person altered my quotes, which I wouldn't be against in a "I fixed it for you" sort of comic way. 

But thank you for the support. I do appreciate it. 

Once upon a time....

• QbertqQbertq Member UncommonPosts: 397
    Wow, kudos.  I will definitely check it out.  Echo the hive mind.  Monetization.

edited December 2022
    Scot said:
    Edit:
    I saw some reply posts from other names near these name's posts, all with the very low post count, and all doing the same thing. So I don't think it's a Bot. And the guy seems to know an awful lot about making games too, or at least where to get systems that are useful in making games. So I think this is someone in the industry. 

I don't see enough with my simple search that I think would cause a permanent ban, except maybe the use of alternate accounts (if that's against the rules). 
    The Mods can take care of this. I did report that this person altered my quotes, which I wouldn't be against in a "I fixed it for you" sort of comic way. 

But thank you for the support. I do appreciate it. 
    I can't be certain but the account which the staff decided was an adbot did tick my adbot criteria. It scanned what had been posted, worked out enough of what the thread was about to suggest something it could advertise with a link. It necro'd an old thread and edited its old posts, I assume to add links after the original posts, which is a clever ruse the best adbots now use. Finally, it edited your post when it quoted you, which was suspicious when you consider all the other activity.

All that said I have been wrong twice before and had to apologise to new posters. :)
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 10,389
    It would be funny if Scot was an AI bot accusing other bots of being bots. :D
    ScotDeathkon1
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

edited December 2022
    Tiller said:
    I have never seen an adbot reference another poster without doing a quote, so you must be a real person! Nor for that matter do they use "lol", "agree" or any other kind of "tick button".
  • Deathkon1Deathkon1 Member RarePosts: 810
    edited December 2022
    Tiller said:
    Scots just the latest advanced ai, only the finest in technology here we can't settle for less after all.
    Tiller
    Favorite book way of the devil
    https://bit.ly/3DcHgqm
    Favorite song
    https://bit.ly/40dHbNj
    Tiller said:
    The "Bot Wars" have started. 
    Run for cover. lol

Once upon a time....