Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Embers Adrift Review: A Stormy Experience | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• nateslonateslo Member UncommonPosts: 46
    I'm hopelessly hooked on this game. It's niche, but I must be the target audience because I can't get enough of it. It scratches the old school mmo itch that I was previously satisfying with EQ TLPs. It's rough around the edges and the content is still being added at higher levels but it's doing something really right.
    tidsditSplattr
  • RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 753
    nateslo said:
    I'm hopelessly hooked on this game. It's niche, but I must be the target audience because I can't get enough of it. It scratches the old school mmo itch that I was previously satisfying with EQ TLPs. It's rough around the edges and the content is still being added at higher levels but it's doing something really right.
    More power to you man, I'm not sure what would have you hooked, but I guess some things just hit people a different way. The game, to me, has zero value as something to play, but that's a personal opinion, obviously. I'm glad you found something you enjoy, though. At the end of the day, that's all that matters.
    RenfailShadysaltz
    I like to complain about games.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 15,886
    They ARE the Storm.
    RidrithRenfail

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AngrakhanAngrakhan Member RarePosts: 363
    I just have one question for someone who played the game: are there any actual embers which are adrift in the game or is that all false advertising?
    RenfailtidsditScot
  • tidsdittidsdit Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Angrakhan said:
    I just have one question for someone who played the game: are there any actual embers which are adrift in the game or is that all false advertising?
    There actually are, lol. They give you stat bonuses when to get them. 
    Quizzical
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 19,918
    nateslo said:
    We are relying on players like you to tell us when it becomes a more all-round solid MMO, most of us we have kicked it into next year before we take another look.
    Splattr
  • BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 1,459
    Scot said:
    nateslo said:
    We are relying on players like you to tell us when it becomes a more all-round solid MMO, most of us we have kicked it into next year before we take another look.
    More likely in a few weeks, they will have gained some levels and completely reversed their entire opinion just like everyone else has. 

The only people that will make it a year in this game are people that play less than 2 hours a month.
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 3,491
    Scot said:
    nateslo said:

Embers Adrift isn't aiming to be all-round solid. What there will be in a years time is more of the same. If you're not into it now you won't be then.
    BrainyScotKyleranMadBomber13
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 19,918
    Scot said:
    nateslo said:

Embers Adrift isn't aiming to be all-round solid. What there will be in a years time is more of the same. If you're not into it now you won't be then.
    Still, I think they will be aiming at more content. They may not change the combat and so on but there will at least be more of the same.
    Kyleran
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 3,491
    Scot said:
    Scot said:
    nateslo said:

Still, I think they will be aiming at more content. They may not change the combat and so on but there will at least be more of the same.

I expect so. Whether the game will survive long enough based on what is while they work on getting that more of the same out is the question more than their intent.
    Brainy
  • Warhawke80Warhawke80 Member RarePosts: 418
    The devs had Blinders on with what type of MMO they wanted this to be...and that pretty much killed it.
    Brainy