Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

winter mmo rotation

OG_SolareusOG_Solareus Member UncommonPosts: 332
 Was going to play Eee but not having access to my contact, it was a no go. BDO is afk horse leveling this winter. So I've decided on ESO for this winter. Got a necro I can level and battlegrounds seem to be poppiing.

What mmo is your winter choice !?
AlBQuirkyuser298

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 41,526
    Rotation? 

As is often said

IselinOG_SolareusAlBQuirkyScot

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 3,495
    Whichever of those I enjoy and inclined to play at the moment, with perhaps a few others sprinkled in if I feel they might be interesting and have recommended setups within reach of my aging hardware.

Currently that's a mix of ESO, CoH, and Turtle WoW.

What it will be over the entire winter, I have no idea.
    OG_SolareusAlBQuirkyAndemnon
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 17,916
    Kyleran said:
    Rotation? 

As is often said

I'm a serial MMO monogamist too. Rotations are for those with short attention spans :)
    OG_SolareusKyleranAlBQuirkyAndemnon
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    I'm a serial MMO monogamist too. Rotations are for those with short attention spans :)
    Heh, somewhat I suppose. I'm having trouble establishing that degree of commitment to any game. I used to be able when CoH was live but since closure I have not, even with the return of it so to speak on private servers.
    OG_SolareusKyleranAlBQuirky
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 10,401
    If by rotation you mean rotating through my mmos to grab daily logs (just in case) and then logging out I would say all of them.
    OG_SolareusKyleranAlBQuirkyDarkZorvanReturns
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• OG_SolareusOG_Solareus Member UncommonPosts: 332
    Iselin said:
    Heh, somewhat I suppose. I'm having trouble establishing that degree of commitment to any game. I used to be able when CoH was live but since closure I have not, even with the return of it so to speak on private servers.

I was the same way. Lately it's become harder to choose because the quality of the products declined imho. Also in early 2000's mmos were still fairly "new", If something like Tabula Rasa would come out with unreal 5 engine, it could possibly get a 10/10 ! ;) 
    AlBQuirky
  • giantessfangiantessfan Member UncommonPosts: 184
    I started playing WoW and I am loving the crap out of it so far. However, haven't gotten very far. Only lvl 14 or so. I think WoW will be my main game
    I started playing WoW and I am loving the crap out of it so far. However, haven't gotten very far. Only lvl 14 or so. I think WoW will be my main game

I'm glad you found something you enjoy.
    OG_SolareusAlBQuirky
    edited November 2022
    Iselin said:

I was the same way. Lately it's become harder to choose because the quality of the products declined imho. Also in early 2000's mmos were still fairly "new", If something like Tabula Rasa would come out with unreal 5 engine, it could possibly get a 10/10 ! ;) 

In my case it has nothing to do with a decline in quality. There are several quality MMORPGs available and numerous decent ones. I'm drowning rather than starving when it comes to viable choices. If anything my problem is too many options.
    OG_SolareusBrainyAlBQuirky
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,107
    edited November 2022
    I have little hope of finding an MMO or MMORPG to keep me entertained over the holiday season.  Nothing I have tried in months has engaged my interest sufficiently to play them for a few hours.  I gave Lost Ark and Fractured Online a shot but to me they're REALLY bad games, and I even dug out some games I used to like ages ago (to a greater or lesser degree) such as Archeage, New World, ESO, Conan, Ark, a couple of the Borderlands franchise, Red Dead Redemption 2, Vermintide 2, Outer Worlds and so on, and yet again after an hour or two at most I am bored.

The only game I can say I am looking forward to is Nightingale, but I think that's not out until 2023.
    Post edited by Dibdabs on
    Dibdabs said:
    I have little hope of finding an MMO or MMORPG to keep me entertained over the holiday season.  Nothing I have tried in months has engaged my interest sufficiently to play them for a few hours.  I gave Lost Ark and Fractured Online a shot but to me they're REALLY bad games, and I even dug out some games I used to like ages ago (to a greater or lesser degree) such as Archeage, New World, ESO, Conan, Ark, a couple of the Borderlands franchise, Red Dead Redemption 2, Vermintide 2, Outer Worlds and so on, and yet again after an hour or two at most I am bored.

The only game I can say I am looking forward to is Nightingale, but I think that's not out until 2023.

Fall out 3new vegas is free on Prime Awards, and Fallout 3 is or was free on Epic Game Store...
    AlBQuirky
    edited November 2022
    Dibdabs said:

Fall out 3new vegas is free on Prime Awards, and Fallout 3 is or was free on Epic Game Store...
    I have those too, from those very sources.  Yep, good games in their own right but I feel no urge to play them either.  I'm a hopeless case of burnout.  :(  On the plus side I remembered I have Secret Worlds: Legends in my Steam library so I'll see if that can entertain me for a while.
    Post edited by Dibdabs on
    AlBQuirkyOG_Solareus
  • mekheremekhere Member UncommonPosts: 60
     Was going to play Eee but not having access to my contact, it was a no go. BDO is afk horse leveling this winter. So I've decided on ESO for this winter. Got a necro I can level and battlegrounds seem to be poppiing.

EQ2. I am resting currently in EverQuest 2. I wanted to take a break from pvp so I went back to an old favorite and booted up EverQuest. I wanted to spend Christmas in FrostFell and enter the Norathian home show. I am crafting and decorating and landscaping. I am really having fun just enjoying some good ole downtime in an MMO. 
    AlBQuirkyOG_SolareusMendelAndemnon
    Always be the guy that paints the house in the dark. 
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 4,849
    Well, I'm MMO-less since 2014, when Vanguard shut down, so ...

AlBQuirkyOG_Solareus
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,511
    mekhere said:

EQ2. I am resting currently in EverQuest 2. I wanted to take a break from pvp so I went back to an old favorite and booted up EverQuest. I wanted to spend Christmas in FrostFell and enter the Norathian home show. I am crafting and decorating and landscaping. I am really having fun just enjoying some good ole downtime in an MMO. 

Somehow, the budget unleashed its death grip and I am currently subscribed to the Daybreak All Access.  I mess around in EQ1, have an off-and-on affair with EQ2, and even drop in periodically to DCUO.

If things improve a bit (maybe mid-year), I may consider one of the PC passes like the Microsoft game pass.  Lots of homework to do before I commit to that, though.

AlBQuirkyOG_Solareus

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 19,959
    As most people don't play a MMO for more than three months a seasonal MMO rotation is rather apt, perhaps you will go back to the same MMO next year for a season when it has an expansion? It is a strange MMOland we live in.
    AlBQuirkyOG_Solareus
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,388
    Scot said:
    As most people don't play a MMO for more than three months a seasonal MMO rotation is rather apt, perhaps you will go back to the same MMO next year for a season when it has an expansion? It is a strange MMOland we live in.

This had me thinking about "seasonal events" in MMOs. Do any of them still do these today? Does anyone log in to partake in the events?

I'm just curious how others see these events :)

PS: I wasn't a big event "player" way back when, but did have some fun with some of the seasonal events :)
    Scot

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

I finally found a couple of games I like enough to play, miracle of miracles.  They're both construction/basebuilding games, Astro Colony and Satisfactory.  I have known about Satisfactory for quite a while whereas Astro Colony is new.  They are keeping me occupied, thank the gods!
    AlBQuirky
    edited November 2022
    AlBQuirky said:
    Scot said:

This had me thinking about "seasonal events" in MMOs. Do any of them still do these today? Does anyone log in to partake in the events?

PS: I wasn't a big event "player" way back when, but did have some fun with some of the seasonal events :)
    I always did them until I had squeezed every last bit of content out of them. Once all done, I would never do again, I only ignored them if they were lore breaking.
    AlBQuirky
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,731
    I've just been trying whatever comes up that sounds interersting. For a while I had no access to my pc, so I came back and started WoW again just to do some stuff before the expansion. Also bought Embers Adrift just to try it but not sure I enjoy how hard it is without grouping (I knew it was forced grouping but jesus I can hardly kill a mob). Kind of looking into Mortal 2 again but probably wont try that, but it does look slightly fun. EvE also has been sounding fun again but I literally have never gotten further than 10 hours into eve due to getting overwhelmed. Mainly WoW though.
    OG_SolareusAlBQuirky
  • GorweGorwe Member Posts: 847
    edited November 2022
    AlBQuirky said:
    Scot said:

Can't speak for all games, but in Neverwinter, people login both for seasonal experience and benefits they offer. So, yeah, people do these things. Either that or my recent Halloween experience was just a hallucination. Who knows?

OG_SolareusAlBQuirky
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,388
    seems like I am always back to WOW during the winter events, winter expansions during the winter months. 
    OG_SolareusAlBQuirky

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

Vanguard was amazing. Pantheon looks to be the Vanguard McQuaid wanted to make.
    TokkenAlBQuirkyinferno89
    edited November 2022

Vanguard was amazing. Pantheon looks to be the Vanguard McQuaid wanted to make.
    My only concern in Vanguard was the inappropriate humour, it had good lore, but putting in jokes, ones which spoke of modernity was out of place.
    AlBQuirky
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 4,849
    Well, I cant verify nor falsify that. I find the lore in classic fantasy games to be far too uniform to be really that interesting.

Yeah, yeah. Elves snuggle with trees while dwarves get stone drunk. Fine. Whatever.

DibdabsAlBQuirkyOG_Solareus