Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everyone happy with Windows 10 update/Edge?

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 17,649
Is anyone surprised that Microsoft would be so dubious they made Edge a core component of Windows 10 so we cannot delete it?

Then to make matters worse ,the people they employ on their support team either don't know wtf they are doing or are playing dumb.

So of course Microsoft will give you their speech about they are trying to make Edge the best experience ever yada yada,we suggest to set your preferred browser rather than try and delete Edge,knowing full well you can't delete Edge.

So people that tried to delete Edge through various methods including power shell and renaming the folder were greeted with duplicate folders now ..lol.

So after support makes you jump through hoops the real truth comes out......Oh sorry if you attained Edge via the latest update you cannot remove it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,218
    I don't like the shift to a Chromium based browser. Google is fairly bad at making efficient code. The slowness in the previous Edge browser can be attributed to ads. It speeds right up with an ad blocker. More than likely its because of how Google programs their ad servers and controls most of that market. Non-chromium browsers have an artificial slow down, or you use the bloated chromium browser. 
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member EpicPosts: 2,532
    I still use Firefox, so the update to Edge hasn't affected me. I keep Edge and Chrome installed and on my toolbar purely for testing purposes, but MS have always been terrible with their internet browsers and I don't trust Google at all, so I dislike using their browser.