Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cyberpunk 2077 now %100 first person

ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,693
edited September 2019 in General Gaming
For those hoping that Cyberpunk 2077 would go back on their choice to go first person I have bad news for you. Today on twitter one of the lead devs said that they decided to go %100 first person. So CG cut scenes will no longer be third person. You will only see your character in mirrors, when they are driving, in the inventory, and reflected in water. They said this is give %100 immersion as QA testers say that going from third person to first person breaks immersion for them.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/09/02/cdpr-confirms-cyberpunk-2077-will-change-to-all-first-person-cutscenes-raising-questions/amp/

Been updated with very select cutscenes. Going to guess that means opening and ending. Far cry from all cut scenes being third person 
Currently playing: Witcher 3 (Xbox One X), TemTem

Currently Reading: Oathbringer (Stormlight Archive Book 3)

Currently Writing: Champions of Legend Book 1 (2nd Draft)

Post edited by Arterius on
Mikeha

Comments

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    I'm gonna need a link to that. 100% doesn't necessarily mean cut scenes too.
    Arterius

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 22,285
    Hmm  - damn, was hoping 3rd person would be an option.

I am sure that somewhere out there there's a group of modders who can give us 3rd person!

Please make that happen.
    AeanderrojoArcueid
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    "For those hoping that Cyberpunk 2077 would NOT go back on their choice to go 100% first person I have good news for you !" :smiley:

ArteriusAeander
  • BaalzharonBaalzharon Member RarePosts: 514
    Wow never knew that! That is amazing! Very interesting! Looks great!
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    this again?
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,693
    edited September 2019
    bartoni33 said:
    I'm gonna need a link to that. 100% doesn't necessarily mean cut scenes too.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/09/02/cdpr-confirms-cyberpunk-2077-will-change-to-all-first-person-cutscenes-raising-questions/amp/

It was updated to very select cutscenes but that's a far change from all cut scenes being third person
    bartoni33

this again?
    I mean its one of the most anticipated upcoming games and it was an update on a topic that a lot of people having feelings about. I didn't start the topic to get people riled up or anything.

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,934
    edited September 2019
    Cyberpunk is now modulo 100 first person? How very scifi of it.
    laxie
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• Marzman31Marzman31 Member UncommonPosts: 18
    edited September 2019
    Hopefully there will be a mod for 3rd person view. 
    DMKanorojoArcueidbartoni33
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 5,288
    Yeah, I'll buy it when there is a third person mod, thank you.
    DMKanokitarad
    DMKano said:
    Hmm  - damn, was hoping 3rd person would be an option.

I am sure that somewhere out there there's a group of modders who can give us 3rd person!

Please make that happen.
    I hope so to as I want as many people to play the game as possible but boy oh boy at this point that is going to be a lot of work to make that mod happen. I think like GTA5 or Final Fantasy 15 when a complete collection comes out for next gen consoles in 2022 or so we could get an official third person mode like they got a first person one.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,315
    This is disappointing because I always prefer third person in games. However, i cannot deny that I had a blast in Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Mankind Divided in first person.

While this is one of those games i must own physically on console, if a third person mod comes to PC i'll probably buy it again on GoG.
    Arterius

This is disappointing because I always prefer third person in games. However, i cannot deny that I had a blast in Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Mankind Divided in first person.

While this is one of those games i must own physically on console, if a third person mod comes to PC i'll probably buy it again on GoG.
    I got the game on console for that sweet collectors edition and first person makes me sick on PC. However, if a third person mod came out I too would make the switch to PC I think as well. I have no problems with games in first person but lately even FP games on console have been making me sick if they are too fast paced. Rage 2, Doom, etc... That is why I am going to be a stealth build in Cyberpunk. I feel like if I play a Strong Solo build my motion sickness would kill me in a instant.
    rojoArcueid

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 17,092
    Well from the cutscenes perspective,not good but for immersion i 100% agree.Plus i have always felt it dumb to basically CHEAT having a camera not of our eyes.

Now just to wait and see if the game is actually any good or just a bland quest fetch me game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 680
    why are people so hell bent on 3rd person? they have said it will be first person for the longest time. get over it or move the fuck on.
    sumdumguy1

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

why are people so hell bent on 3rd person? they have said it will be first person for the longest time. get over it or move the fuck on.
    I get it. Some people get motion sick when playing first person. I do depending on the game as I said above. Even if this game makes me sick I will plow through it and take ginger pills or something. Some people don't want to do that. Plus this is the most anticipated game I have seen in a long time. So of course people are going to be upset they don't give you an option.
    kitaradbartoni33sumdumguy1

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,016
    They will....with their wallets.
    sumdumguy1
    Albatroes said:
    I don't get this argument at all. Some of the best selling video games every year are first person games. I am sure the amount of people who won't buy the game because its first person is tiny.
    sumdumguy1

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,315
    Arterius said:

I got the game on console for that sweet collectors edition and first person makes me sick on PC. However, if a third person mod came out I too would make the switch to PC I think as well. I have no problems with games in first person but lately even FP games on console have been making me sick if they are too fast paced. Rage 2, Doom, etc... That is why I am going to be a stealth build in Cyberpunk. I feel like if I play a Strong Solo build my motion sickness would kill me in a instant.
    I tend to play in a similar way on first person games, more tactically and stealthy to avoid fast screen movements. With that said, i have noticed that for me personally framerate has a big impact on me getting motion sickness or not. For example, i love the Drakengard games but i can't play Drakengard 3 on PS3. Although that game is in third person, my eyes still hurt every time i move the screen because of low variable framerate.
    Arterius

• samwisewiltonsamwisewilton Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    edited September 2019
    I'll buy it when there is a third person mod
    Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire
    Post edited by samwisewilton on
    sumdumguy1
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Arterius said:
    Albatroes said:
    I don't get this argument at all. Some of the best selling video games every year are first person games. I am sure the amount of people who won't buy the game because its first person is tiny.
    I'm fine with FPS, but I usually scroll to third person to see the surrounding. FPS can easily be blindsided from left and right. In FPS mode you can't really see who is on your left or right unless you turn.
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,306
    Until they get a 3rd person mod, this game just became a no go for me.
  • ThaneThane Member RarePosts: 3,496
    so, no coop, no 3rd person, and you think this is the most anticpited upcomming game? ok

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 5,288
    Maybe they could have spent the resources for the multiplayer mode exactly no one asked for on a 3rd person perspective option.
  • some-clueless-guysome-clueless-guy Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Arterius said:
    I get it. Some people get motion sick when playing first person. I do depending on the game as I said above. Even if this game makes me sick I will plow through it and take ginger pills or something. Some people don't want to do that. Plus this is the most anticipated game I have seen in a long time. So of course people are going to be upset they don't give you an option.
    The only game that gave me motion sickness was Alan Wake, which is a third person adventure game. I think that it is fair to give players what they need in order to enjoy your product without being physically sick but I also think that first/third person has little to do with that.

Most of the players clamoring for third person do so because they prefer it, not becuase it makes them sick to play a FPS, and that's something I honestly don't get — if the developer gives you a piece of software that is best enjoyed in a first person perspective, usually there are good reasons.